Listen to this article
You can easily renew Indian Passport in USA after 10 years with VFS Global.
Step by step process for re-issue of the passport with the Indian embassy in New York, Houston (Texas), Washington DC, Atlanta (Georgia), Chicago (Illinois), and SFO (San Francisco, California) Indian consulate.
This article will discuss:
- Passport Renewal Process Snapshot
- Processing Time
- Documents Required
- Self Sworn Affidavit
- Registration Steps – Indian Govt Website
- Passport Application Steps – Indian Govt Site
- Print Passport Application
- #1 Adult Passport
- #2 Child Passport
- Notarize these documents
Passport Renewal Process Snapshot
- Create a Passport application on the Indian government Website.
- Create an account on VFS global, pay the shipping fee.
- Collect documents and mail to VFS global.
- VFS verifies documents, sends them to the Indian embassy.
- Indian embassy triggers Police verification in India.
- Indian embassy issues passport.
- VFS sends the new and old passport to you.
Your Indian passport renewal will take 3-6 weeks if the last passport was issued in India.
You can get a new passport in 10 days if your last passport was issued by the Indian Embassy in the USA.
You can apply for renewal 1 year or 365 days before expiry. We recommend applying 6 weeksbefore the final expiry to avoid issues with delays in processing at the Indian embassy.
#1 Expiring Passport
Original and most recent one passport is required to be sent. All other OLD passports, if any, are not required.
Total of 2 photos with size 2×2 Inch are required for passport renewal.
The photo should have white background and not off-white.
You can get passport size photo online or at Sams Club, Costco, CVS, or Walgreens.
#3 NRI Government passport renewal application form
The passport application form will be provided by the Indian government site for printing. Detailed steps are given below.
#4 Highest qualification degree
Indian embassy requires your education details to decide if ECR Stamp is required on your passport or not.
We recommended sending a copy of the Highest Educational Qualification Degree like an MCA or MBA. It is not required but there is no harm in sending.
Check if you need ECNR or ECR?
#5 USA Address proof
You can safely opt to get the USA address printed on an Indian passport. There is no harm.
- Rental Lease Agreement (Month to Month is acceptable) OR Home Mortgage bill – Should not have expired at the time of submission. Rental agreement with future start date?
- Any utility bill (Electricity/ gas/ water/ landline telephone bill) –Must NOT be older than 3 months. Home Internet wifi bill and Mobile bill are NOT accepted.
- Driver’s License OR State ID –Front and back both are required. A Learning / temporary driving license is accepted.
- US bank statement is NOT a valid address proof.
#6 Indian Address Proof
Indian address proof is required if you want to add or change the current Indian Address printed on your current passport.
Does the current passport have an Indian hostel as a permanent address?
- Any Indian utility bill (Electricity/ gas/ water/ landline telephone bill) – Must NOT be older than 3 months
- Aadhar Card
- Indian Drivers license
- Recent Bank Statement from Indian Government bank. The front page is required. Should have an affixed photograph. Check a sample of SBI’s passbook with affixed and stamped photographs here.
#7 Change of Appearance / Signature Form
You should sign and print this change of appearance form if you are applying after 10 years.
Everybody’s presence changes a little as you age.
#8 VFS Document checklist
Download the VFS document checklist here. Print and fill it as you collect documents.
#9 Annexure ‘E’
Specimen Declaration of the applicant on a plain paper.
Create Annexure E Affidavit Online >
#10 Copy of Passport
Photocopy of First 5 pages of YOUR passport + last 2 pages. You can use an app-based scanner.
- First page with Photo, then page numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- Page number 34, 35, 36, and last page with the address.
- Total of 10 pages.
#11 Marriage Certificate (Optional)
Are you are Married and want to add your Spouse name to the new passport?
- Include Spouse’s Passport’s front (page with picture) and back page (with address) OR
- Spouse Green Card
#12 US Legal Status
- Current Valid US Visa (including dependent Visa) OR
- I-797 OR
- Green card OR
- Employment Authorization Card (EAD) or
- I- 797 approval notice or
- Valid I-20
You can even use the USCIS receipt number copy.
H1B / H4 Extension pending with USCIS? Apply with i797C.
- US Visa – B1/B2 is NOT a valid visa for passport reissue.
- i94 is not a valid Proof either.
#13 Birth Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
#14 Self Sworn Affidavit
#15 Police Report (Only if Passport lost or stolen)
#16 Additional Documents for Child Passport
Create Annexure D with Our App>
- Annexure D signed by both mother and father.
- Mother – Current Valid US Visa OR I-797 OR Green card OR Employment Authorization Card or I- 797 approval notice.
- Mother – Passport first (Photo) page and last page (address page).
- Father – Current Valid US Visa OR I-797 OR Green card OR Employment Authorization Card or I- 797 approval notice.
- Father – Passport first (Photo) page and last page (address) page.
Self Sworn Affidavit
Here is the self sworn affidavit template to be printed on plain A4 size white paper.
Create Self Sworn Affidavit for Indian Address Online >
Indian address is always required as you hold Indian passport.
You can give your parent’s or relatives Indian address by mentioning it on a plain piece of paper and then sign it. It will work as a self-sworn affidavit.
Registration Steps – Indian Govt Website
Start passport application here on Indian government website.
You will need to register for each person separately on this website. We suggest using this website on your laptop or PC as the site is messed up on mobile.
#Step 1 Click the ‘Register’ button and fill in the details.
#Step 2 An email is sent to you for verifying your email. Click the link in the email to activate your online account.
#Step 3 You will be asked to log in again after you have activated your account. Log in again and then this screen will be visible:
Select the option “Apply for Ordinary passport – Application for fresh passport/Re-issue of Passport (Blue cover passport)“
Passport Application Steps – Indian Govt Site
#Step 1 Start Passport application by filling ‘passport type‘ section.
These are the sample values that will apply to most people.
- Choose ‘Re-issue of passport‘.
- Choose ‘Change in personal particular‘ and then select ‘address‘ if you are changing your address from Indian to US or a different address within the USA. You can select more options if you want to change more things on your passport.
- Choose ‘Validity expired within 3 years/Due to expire‘.
- Select Type of application as ‘Normal‘. For tatkal, you should have a pre-authorization from the Indian embassy over email.
- Select ‘Type of Passport Booklet‘ as ’36 pages’. Most people only need 36 pages unless you travel a lot and your passport pages get full within a couple of years.
#Step 2 Click next and fill ‘Applicant details‘. Click next once done.
Once you click ‘Save’, your application is saved and an ‘Application reference number’ (ARN) is generated and shown on top of the current page:
#Step 3 Family Details
Enter family details like Father, mother and spouse name.
Spouse name is mandatory if you have select the marital status as ‘married’.
#Step 4: Applicant Address Details
Your presence at an Indian address is not mandatory. Indian embassy understands that you are physically present outside India.
It is mandatory to provide at least one Indian address in the form. It will be used for police verification. You can give your parent or relative’s Indian address.
You can choose these combinations:
|Passport Print Address||Other Address|
In this example image, we are opting to print US address on the passport and then providing an Indian address as ‘other address’:
- Indian mobile number should be valid as someone will call on it for police verification.
- Choose the correct Indian police station as per your Indian address to avoid delays in your application.
- Your relative should be able to vouch for you when they call.
- As it is expected in most places, they may have to give a nominal amount as ‘chai paani‘ to the police officer. The normal amount that most people have reported to have paid is about INR 1000 to 2000. They expect it as you are earning in Dollars 🙂
#Step 5 Enter emergency contact details
We suggest providing details of the person who you know in the USA. You can provide anyone from India too. It’s your choice.
#Step 6 Previous Passport Details
Enter details and click next.
#Step 7: Other Details
Enter details and click next.
#Step 8 Passport Review
Enter details and click next.
#Step 9 Passport preview
Step 9 shows a nice preview of the new passport’s biometric page. Verify your information and click next.
#Step 10 Verify and Submit
The last step is to verify all the details and then submit your application. You can make changes before clicking ‘Submit‘ button.
Your application is locked once you click ‘Submit‘ and changes cannot be made.
Print Passport Application
Once you have submitted, you can print the application from the Applicant Home page.
You should print the passport application on one side of the white paper only. Leave the back side blank. Do not double print.
You should sign the printed application with black or blue pen only.
VFS Global Website – Fee Payment & Shipping
VFS’s website and the instructions are half baked and it seems they have been given the contract at the last moment.
The link given on the VFS website will waste your time filling the form even before registration.
But, the problem is that there is no other way to register either (at least we could not find any).
VFS services are used for postal Envelope, Payment & shipping your documents.
#Step 1 Visit the VFS global website and create an application there.
This is also not a mobile friendly website. So, we suggest to use a desktop.
Select ‘Passport‘ box (Blue color) and then you will see a new form open up:
Click the button ‘Proceed‘.
#Step 2 Fee Details
The total fee for Indian passport renewal is $92.90 including the VFS service fee of $15.90.
Now, once you click the ‘proceed‘ button, you will be asked to register and activate the registration by email. Once you are done, you will have to REDO the whole VFS application. Amazing!
#Step 3 Click ‘Create new application’.
Enter the details again on this page after logging in to VFS portal system.
#Step 4 Click ‘proceed’ button and you will be asked to add a customer.
#Step 5 Click ‘Add customer‘ and you will see this screen where you will be asked to once again enter all your information.
Make sure you enter the Indian government website’s ARN number in the ‘Govt reference number’ field:
Click ‘Submit‘ button.
#Step 5a Many people have complained that they are not able to see the ‘select courier service’ after adding a customer.
Try this as it worked for us:
- Log out and Log in again to VFS Global portal.
- Click the ‘retrieve incomplete application‘ button (blue color) given on the left-hand side menu.
- Use your registered email (used to register on the VFS site) and click search.
- You should now be able to see the ‘Select courier‘ option on the customer list screen as shown in our next step below.
- If you are still not able to see the ‘select courier service‘ option, then click the ‘Edit‘ link given in the ‘Actions‘ column next to your name list. This should show the courier service option.
#Step 6 Select Courier Service
You reach the customer list screen.
Note down the VFS reference number. This will be required to search your application if you are automatically logged out.
We recommend VFS’s shipping option. They use FedEx and the cost is $30 for two way shipping.
If you decide to use your own courier service, do not forget to send a pre-paid envelope for return shipping.
- USPS prepaid labels have an expiry date and hence are not accepted by VFS.
- You can use UPS but the prepaid label with UPS Store address is not acceptable.
The total cost would be $127.20 including the Fedex shipping both ways.
#Step 7 Courier Service Address
Enter your own mailing address here and not the VFS global’s address.
The USA address on your prepaid shipping label should match the proof of address document submitted.
#Step 8 Confirm Application
Click the ‘confirm application’ button and then you will be automatically taken to a payment site named ‘Adyen.com’.
#Step 9 Download Courier Labels
Once the online payment is completed, you can download the shipping labels and send your application package.
Self Attest & Notary
#1 Adult Passport
Self attest means that you should sign yourself on the photocopy. No notary is required.
Self Attest these documents:
- Your passport copy of the First Five and the Last two pages.
- Indian Address proof (If Applicable for your case).
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (ONLY If you are married).
- Spouse Passport copy (ONLY If you are married).
- Birth Certificate / School Leaving Certificate.
- Police Report (Only if Passport lost or stolen).
#2 Child Passport
A parent need to sign along with your child.
- If Child age is greater than 5 years, he should write his/her name them-self.
- If your child is less than 5 years, he/she should use his/her thumb print.
Both parent and child need to self-attest. Each parent should self-attest their own document. Get your child to sign all documents too.
The mother should sign her own and Father his own documents. Mother cannot sign the father’s document and vice versa.
For general document (like forms), any one parent can sign.
- CHILD’s – Passport copies of the first five and last two pages
- CHILD’s – Birth Certificate
- US Address proof – Utility bill or driving license or rental lease agreement on any one of parent’s name.
- Indian Address proof – Utility bill or driving license or rental lease agreement on any one of the parent’s names.
- Mother’s – Color copy of passport pages that you have photocopied.
- Father’s – Color copy of passport pages that you have photocopied.
- Mother’s – Color copy of Visa or Green Card or I797 approval notice.
- Father’s – Color copy of Visa or Green Card or I797 approval notice.
- ANNEXURE ‘D’ – Affidavit for Applying for Minor passport by parents
- Annexure ‘E’ – Specimen Declaration of the applicant on a plain paper
- CHILD’s – Color copy of Visa or Green Card or I797 approval notice.
Notarize these documents
- USA Address proof – color copy
- Self Sworn Affidavit (Optional notary but we strongly recommend)
- Change of Appearance Form.Is AFFIDAVIT FOR CHANGE IN APPEARANCE mandatory if mine has not changed?
- Annexure E
- Annexure D (for Child Passport)
- Copy of Visa or Green Card or I797 approval/pending notice.
Package, Mailing & Tracking
- Arrange documents in the order of the VFS document checklist with a checklist on top.
- Paste photo
- Stick one photo on the Indian government passport application form.
- Stick the second photo on ‘Change of appearance form’.
- (Optional) Use a small letter-style envelope to keep the passport just to have an extra layer of protection.
- Original Expiring Passport.
- Use a paper clip, paper pins, or a binder paper clip instead to tie all the documents together. Do NOT use a stapler.
Visit the FedEx office, pick up the FREE envelope (included in the shipping fees you paid to VFS), and send it with VFS’s FedEx shipping label within 15 days of generating the label.
NOTE: No need to send a return envelope. It will be taken care of by VFS if you opted for VFS shipping.
You can track your application status on the Indian government website or at the VFS site using your VFS reference number.
We have documented the process and VFS application refund policy separately here.
Is ECR or ECNR Proof Required for Indian Passport Renewal in the USA?
The ECR, ECNR proof is not required for Indian passport renewal in the USA.
The ECR/ECNR status is available on page 2 of the Indian passport.
If it is not there or nothing is mentioned in your passport, you can select option ECNR (Emigration check not required) on point 13.
Can I send ECR, ECNR Proof even if it is not required?
You can send a photocopy of your highest educational qualification degree like MCA (Masters in Computer Applications) for ECNR proof.
If you do not attach any proof and your old passport did not have the ECR stamp, you will automatically be considered eligible for ECNR.
No notarization needed. Just Self-attest with your signature and clearly mark the photocopy with “For ECNR – Documentary proof”.
Where to Get Indian Passport Photo in the USA?
You can get Indian Passport photos at Walmart, Costco, Sams Club, CVS, or Walgreens. ePassportPhoto offers free delivery and just $1.5 per picture.
Costco or Sam’s club charge approximately $4.96 for 2 passport photo.
Where Can I get Free Notary for Indian Passport Renewal?
Your local city library, Bank (like Bank of America, Chase), your own office are the FREE notary options for Indian passport renewal.
USPS, FedEx, and other local mail shops would charge around $5+ per page of the notary.
Is Aadhar number mandatory for Indian passport renewal in the USA?
Aadhar number is not mandatory for Indian passport renewal in the USA.
Is Spouse’s name mandatory for married people?
The Indian passport application website does make it mandatory to provide a spouse’s name if you select your marital status as ‘Married’.
i485 Medical Interfile/RFE Letteri485 Birth Affidavitsi140 EB2 to EB3 Downgrade Cover Letter
What are the documents required for renewal of Indian passport in USA? ›
- A signed copy of the applicant's completed online application.
- The previous passport expired with the most recent and original passport.
- 3 copies of filled Nationality Verification Form/Personal Particulars.
- 3 recent colored pictures (2″ x 2″ front-facing)
- Copy of the VFS Order Form.
- A Filled and Signed Checklist. ...
- Online Application Form filled and signed by the applicant.
- 3 Copies of the filled Nationality Verification Form/ Personal Particulars form and 3 photographs for personal particular form.
3 to 4 business days (excluding VFS's processing time), if the Police Verification Report (PVR) is clear and all documents submitted are in order. If the Police Verification Report (PVR) is not clear or pending, the processing time will be approximately 30 days or more (excluding VFS's processing time).What documents are required for passport submission VFS? ›
In person – You'll have to bring your original passport, passport bio page (2 copies), along with the passport request letter to the Visa Application Centre. To submit your passport at the Visa Application Centre, you'll have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission.How much time it will take to renew Indian passport in USA? ›
The normal processing time of passport is 3 weeks.Is Indian address proof required for passport renewal in USA? ›
Indian address proof for passport renewal is only required if you want the Indian address to be printed on your new passport. If you are okay with a US address printed on a renewed passport, you do not need to provide any Indian address proof.Is police verification required for passport renewal in USA? ›
A:You can apply for a re-issue of passport up to 1 year before the expiry OR within three years after the expiry of the existing passport without fresh police verification, provided there is no change in personal particulars and there is clear police report with respect to your previous passport and there is no adverse ...How long does it take to get supporting documents back from passport office? ›
It may take 8 weeks after you receive your new passport for your supporting documents (e.g. birth certificate or previous passport) to arrive.Can we renew expired Indian passport in USA? ›
Yes, you can renew your expired Indian passport in the U.S. via VFS Global.Do we have to submit original documents at VFS? ›
Does the Indian government accept photocopies of certificates for attestation? No, only original documents are accepted by the Govt.
Does VFS take original documents? ›
It is advisable that you keep copies of all documents submitted with your application. Original documents such as marriage/birth certificates will be returned to you. However, bank statements, letters of invitation etc. will not be returned.Does VFS take your passport? ›
At the end of the passport collection process VFS requests that every collecting person signs off the Register of Passport collection. Upon collection of passports, applicants are advised to check that the visa granted meets with their travel schedule.How long does VFS take to process? ›
As a legal rule, a decision on a visa application is taken within 15 calendar days. This period may, in individual cases, be extended to up to 30 days and, exceptionally 60 days, if a more detailed examination of your application and/or additional documents are required.Why does Indian passport renewal take so long? ›
Delay in issuance of passports, if any, is attributable to various factors such as non-receipt of police verification report, inability of the applicant in providing required document(s), verification of document submitted by the originator, if needed etc.Does passport request mean visa approval? ›
If the US embassy asks for my passport, does it mean that my visa was approved? Yes the Passport is only requested when the application is approved.How long does it take to renew Indian passport in USA Tatkal? ›
are eligible to apply for re-issue of Passport under Tatkaal Passport Scheme. Tatkal Applications: Five (5) working days from the date of receiving the application at the Consulate. Normal Applications: Thirty (30) working days from the date of receiving the application at the Consulate.How long is VFS shipping label valid? ›
The Transit Visa is valid for 15 days only.How many photos are required for Indian passport renewal in USA? ›
Each application, whether passport or visa, must have 2 photos per person. Black or White, filtered, or old photos are not permitted. Be sure the photos are printed on high-quality paper and not crinkled, torn, or creased.How many address proofs are required for passport? ›
Documents containing address out of 12 documents listed under Tatkaal application, could also be accepted as proof of residence if such documents have the same present residential address as given by the applicant in the Passport Application Form.To view list of acceptable documents click here.How do you self attest a document VFS? ›
Self-attestation simply requires you to place your signature on a photocopy of the document you want to certify. After you have a made a clean copy of your document, write a statement on it such as: “True copy” or “Self-attested copy”. Then place your signature directly under it.
What happens if police verification failed for passport? ›
If your application was rejected owing to a lack of police verification or inaccurate documents, you have three days to fix the error and reapply. You can write to the RPO or file a grievance if you disagree with the reason for rejection or if the reasons are unclear.How long can an Embassy hold your passport? ›
If the passport is not collected within 14 calendar days from the selected location, the passport will be sent back to the respective Embassy or Consulate and you can pick it from there.What does police do in passport verification? ›
Passport verification is conducted by the police station as per the applicant's address and which jurisdiction it falls under. A police officer verifies the details that are submitted in the application form including the applicant's name, age and address.Is original documents required for passport? ›
Applicants are required to furnish original documents along with one set of self-attested photocopies of the same at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) for processing.How can I speed up my passport application? ›
Ensure your details are correct
“I'd recommend thoroughly checking your application before you send it off. Many delays are made through typical errors - such as incorrect photos or typos - which can worsen your chances of receiving a passport in time for a summer trip," he continues.
As of July 2022, the processing times given by the U.S. Department of State were eight to 11 weeks. The processing time of a passport starts as soon as it's received by a center or agency, not the day it's sent in or applied on.What happens if Indian passport expires while abroad? ›
In all cases you would have to apply to the Indian Embassy or Consulate in that particular country for renewal of your passport.Can I travel back to India with expired Indian passport? ›
Your passport must be valid for the duration of your travel in the destination country, however, the recommended passport validity period is 180 days beyond the date of your arrival to India.How long can I renew my Indian passport after it expires? ›
1) A new passport can be issued on the expiry, or up to one year before expiry of any passport, which had an initial validity of 10 years. It is necessary to have a valid visa on the previous passport. If a passport is renewed after one year from the date of its expiry, an affidavit (Form 1) is to be filled.Do VFS verify documents? ›
Professionally trained VFS Global staff will perform a series of pre-checks and initial validation on certain key supporting documents, which will result in faster processing times by the Irish Visa Office in New Delhi on your application. You can pay for this service online or pay in cash at VFS Global visa centre .
Does VFS accept laminated documents? ›
Documents should not be stapled or laminated.Can I upload documents after submitting visa application? ›
Under “Details about your application status” click on “View submitted application.” On this page, you can upload the additional document the same way you uploaded the others when you first applied.What is attestation of documents? ›
Attestation is the act of witnessing the signing of a formal document and then also signing it to verify that it was properly signed by those bound by its contents. Attestation is a legal acknowledgment of the authenticity of a document and a verification that proper processes were followed.What happens after VFS appointment? ›
Your fingerprint scan and facial scan will be captured. A digital fingerprint scanner will collect images of all 10 fingers, and at the same time a digital photo will be captured. This is a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process. Your digital photograph must show your full face.How does embassy verify educational documents? ›
The embassy will review the documents, reach a conclusion on your application and return the documents to you. You may have submitted genuine documents but that does not mean a visa is assured.How do I know if my VFS visa is approved? ›
- Website: Click here for applications lodged on or after 02 November 2019.
- Web chat: Chat Now
- Email: Send an email to email@example.com.
- Helpline Number: 800101007.
- Visit the Visa Application Centre to track your application.
Walk In Without Appointment*
If you need to submit your visa application on an urgent basis, walk into our Visa Application Centre and opt for this service. VFS Global will process your visa application without a pre-booked appointment.
Passports can only be withdrawn if a written request by the applicant himself is presented to the Consulate. Consequently, the application will be cancelled / withdrawn and the passport returned via VFS Global within 2 working days.How many photos are required for Indian passport renewal in USA? ›
Total of 2 photos with size 2×2 Inch are required for passport renewal. The photo should have white background and not off-white.Can I renew my expired Indian passport in USA? ›
Yes, you can renew your expired Indian passport in the U.S. via VFS Global.
Does Indian passport renewal in USA require police verification? ›
Is Police Verification Required to Renew an Indian Passport in the US? Police Verification (PV) will not occur if you have submitted the passport renewal application from the US before or within three years after the expiry of your old passport.How long does it take to renew Indian passport in USA Tatkal? ›
are eligible to apply for re-issue of Passport under Tatkaal Passport Scheme. Tatkal Applications: Five (5) working days from the date of receiving the application at the Consulate. Normal Applications: Thirty (30) working days from the date of receiving the application at the Consulate.Where can I upload photo for Indian passport renewal in USA? ›
Go to websites such as ePassportPhoto. Choose the country and the type of document you would like to use the photo for. e.g., India and Overseas Citizenship or the United States and Visa or any other combination you need, and click on 'Get My Free Passport Photos'. Upload the photo and click 'Next'.How long does VFS take to deliver? ›
Processing usually takes 15 business days from receipt by the Embassy of a complete application and may take longer during peak times and in exceptional circumstances. This estimate excludes the shipping of applications to the Embassy and the return of passports to applicants.How Long Does US embassy take to return passport? ›
If you were advised on the day of your interview that your application is successful, you should allow approximately 7 to 10 working days for your application to be processed. If additional information or documentation was required in your case, you must allow additional time.What is the procedure to renew expired Indian passport? ›
You have to fill up the Passport Application Form and apply for "Re-issue of Passport". Fresh police verification is initiated if the passport has expired more than three years ago. Hence, fresh police verification will be required in your case.What happens if Indian passport expires while abroad? ›
In all cases you would have to apply to the Indian Embassy or Consulate in that particular country for renewal of your passport.How long can I renew my Indian passport after it expires? ›
1) A new passport can be issued on the expiry, or up to one year before expiry of any passport, which had an initial validity of 10 years. It is necessary to have a valid visa on the previous passport. If a passport is renewed after one year from the date of its expiry, an affidavit (Form 1) is to be filled.How long does it take to get Indian police clearance certificate in USA? ›
PCC Processing Time
It takes about 6-8 weeks to complete the whole process.
If your application was rejected owing to a lack of police verification or inaccurate documents, you have three days to fix the error and reapply. You can write to the RPO or file a grievance if you disagree with the reason for rejection or if the reasons are unclear.
Is Aadhar card mandatory for passport renewal in USA? ›
Is an Aadhaar mandatory for applying for a passport? No, Aadhar is not mandatory. You should have other valid documents to prove your identity, address and date of birth. You may visit Document advisor : Documents Required : Fresh Passport link to find out the documents you need submit based on your status.How long is VFS shipping label valid? ›
The Transit Visa is valid for 15 days only.Is there police verification for passport renewal? ›
Yes. As per the current guidelines it is mandatory to have Police Verification in all the cases of reissue of Passports.